Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reader's Blog: Kite Runner


Pg. 19

         "Because the truth of it was, I always felt like Baba hated me a little. And why not? After all, I had killed his beloved wife, his beautiful princess, hadn't I? The least I could have done was to have had the decency to have turned out a little more like him. But I hadn't turned out like him. Not at all."

-When I first read this, I had to put the book down and just think for a minute. Amir feels like his dad hates him, since his mother died giving birth to him. Now to me, that's just a horrible thing for a little kid to think. I mean his father already doesn't talk or pay any attention to him, and now he's thinking all these things such as his father hating him. I thought it was a pretty intense and deep thing for a child to process in his mind, but when you think about it, you cant help but see why he thinks that way. I think that if I were in Amir's place, I'd be thinking the same. And I guess that's also why he tries so hard to try and get his father's attention so much. Poor kid.~

No comments:

Post a Comment