Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reader's Blog; The Tell-Tale Heart


Pg. 304


       "A watch's minute hand moves more quickly than did mine. Never before that night had I felt the extent of my own powers- of my sagacity. I could scarcely contain my feelings of triumph. To think that there I was, opening the door, little by little, and he not even to dream of my secret deeds or thoughts."

-Just the fact that Poe writes things like this makes my kinda scared as to what went throughout his mind.But when I was reading this, it kind of got me thinking if this is how actual serial killers think.Do they feel what they're doing is right? Do they actually think this all perfectly and strategically? This story, as well as practically everything Poe writes, makes me think all of these things. Well done, Poe. Well done.










No comments:

Post a Comment