Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reader's Blog; Yongguk's "I Remember"




"Even when I close my eyes, the light that used to shine on us is still there 
Our precious times, I'll cherish them deeply 
Even when the pain comes in many times 
Those days we promised of forever 
I will never forget those moments until the end 
I Remember"

- The music video for this song is very intense, because it takes you kind of like on a flashback, where you see the couple fighting but helplessly in love with each other,  and suddenly the girl gets kidnapped. Her lover then goes and tried to get her back, only to get shot multiple times by the police as he shoots the criminals. What's weird is that she falls in his arms, but it's not him; it's his spirit. What I think the meaning of the video and what this excerpt from the lyrics is is that even though he dies, his spirit still lives on in that memory, destined to repeat it until he gets it right. Reliving the great moments before that tragedy, the moments when he was truly happy with his loved one. His ghost still remembers every detail of what happened to them. It's kind of like another version of Romeo and Juliet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment