Monday, December 10, 2012

Reader's Blog; Annabel Lee



Pg. 958

      "The angels, not half so happy in heaven, Went envying her and me- Yes!- that was the reason (as all men know, In this kingdom by the sea) That the wind came out of the cloud by the night, Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee."

-Honestly, this has got to be my favorite poem by Poe. I love the way that it's short and simple, and how it rhymes and uses repetition and how he brings it all together to tell the story of two young love birds who lost in the game of love. Wow that was a long sentence. Anyways, this quote stood out to me because it shows how Poe brings forth the idea that their love was so beautiful, that even spirits are jealous of them, and eventually that jealousy is what kills Annabel in the end. Sad story,bro. :---(

No comments:

Post a Comment