Thursday, September 27, 2012

Reader's Blog; Kite Runner



Pg. 41

         "How can you call him your 'friend?' 
But he's not my friend! I almost blurted out. He's my servant! Had I really thought that? Of course I hadn't. I hadn't. I treated Hassan well, just like a friend, better even, more like a brother. Bit if so, then why, when Baba's friends came to visit with their kids, didn't I ever included Hassan in our games? Why did I play with Hassan only when no one else was around?"

-I just had to include this because I made a previous entry where Amir says that Hassan is just an illiterate Hazara and will be nothing but a cook.
This is a moment where I would say, "Whoa hold the phone, stop the clock, Amir say what?"
I find it a bit hypocritical and rude of Amir to be saying those things, like if he actually cares about Hassan that much. Then he goes around and calls him illiterate and what not. Not cool. :|


No comments:

Post a Comment