Friday, September 14, 2012

Reader's Blog; Kite Runner

  Pg. 25
          "But in none of his stories did Baba ever refer to Ali as his friend. The curious thing was, I never thought of Hassan and me as friends either. Never mind that we taught each other to ride a bicycle with no hands, or to build a fully functional homemade camera out of a cardboard box.... Never mind any of those things. Because history isn't easy to overcome. Neither is religion. In the end, I was a Pashtun and he was a Hazara, I was Sunni and he was Shi'a, and nothing was ever going to change that. Nothing."

-What caught my attention from this quote was what he said in the last part of the quote, about him never being friends with Hassan because of their religion and background. Although this sounds horrible to us, it's something that's very common and happens throughout the world very frequently. I mean, even a little kid's thinking like this? Just goes to show how much ignorance can influence people of any age and cultural background.













No comments:

Post a Comment