Thursday, September 6, 2012

Reader's Blog: Kite Runner



Pg. 23

     " Baba said. 'Look, I know there's a fondness between you and him and I'm happy about that. Envious, but happy. I mean that. He needs someone who...understands him, because God knows I don't. But something about Amir troubles me in a way that I can't express. It's like...' I could see him searching, reaching for the right words. He lowered his voice, but I heard him anyway. 'If I hadn't seen the doctor pull him out of my wife with my own eyes, I'd never believe he's my own son."

-Okaaay....For this one we're NOT going to stop and appreciate the last sentence. That one's just heart breaking and completely messed up. I would use some other words but sadly I cannot express myself like that seeing as how this is for school. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) I'm a good kid, OK? Well as I was saying, this quote/excerpt is just, powerful? I mean the poor kid hears his own father saying those crude things about him. My mother jokes around with me like that, saying that she didn't have me, that she found me in the trash being sold by an old lady in Mexico, that's why we're nothing alike. Yet I know she's joking, that she doesn't really believe that. Or at least I hope she doesn't.... So for Amir to hear his dad say that and actually mean it, that's just horrible. 
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

No comments:

Post a Comment